Peggy Sarah Yee May Kuen
LLB (Hons) National University of Singapore, 1987
Advocate & Solicitor, Supreme Court of Singapore, 1988
Commissioner for Oaths
Associate Mediator, Singapore Mediation Centre
Peggy graduated from National University of Singapore in 1987 and was called to the Singapore Bar in March 1988. In her more than 35 years of legal practice, Peggy has appeared as lead counsel before the Court of Appeal, High Court, Family Justice Courts and State Courts at contested trials and hearings. She is also an accredited and sought after Mediator.
Peggy listens with her heart. She is then able to present clients with viable options in their matters. Clients stay on to become friends. Whether matrimonial, complex family disputes, corporate or criminal matters, getting to the client’s intent and core position is her goal.
Peggy is particularly interested and invested in Family Law matters. She considers it a privilege to be entrusted with a client's personal family matters. As such, she handles every such matter sensitively. She consistently strategises for her clients so that they can best navigate the legal and emotional hurdles they face. The goal is to achieve a solution that best addresses the client's needs. She also believes that an acceptable settlement is preferable to an unsatisfactory judgment.
Having in-depth knowledge of Real Estate and Probate laws, she has advised her clients on how they can best manage their real and personal assets for their family and beneficiaries. Peggy’s in-depth knowledge and experience in Real Estate and Conveyancing enables her to advise on Matrimonial / Divorce-related property transactions effectively.
PY Legal LLC’s client base includes corporate institutions and individuals, many of whom have remained with Peggy since she commenced practice and have today become her friends.
Besides active legal practice, Peggy is deeply involved in pro bono causes and the non-profit charity sector.
She is fluent in both spoken and written English and Chinese. She also speaks Bahasa Indonesia and Malay and the local dialects Cantonese, Teochew and Hokkien.
Peggy is unabashedly Catholic, married and is mum to three kids – two young adults and a teen. She is a firm advocate and passionate proponent for an inclusive society, in particular that of persons with invisible special needs. She laments that she no longer has the time to read all the books that she wants to, and can no longer run four times a week like she used to, so she consoles herself by discovering golf and delectable cuisine instead.
- Member of the Inquiry Panel of the Law Society, appointed by the Honourable Chief Justice;
- Child Representative appointed by the Family Justice Courts of Singapore;
- Vice-Chairperson of the Law Society Community Legal Clinic Committee;
- Committee Member of the Law Society Family Law Practice Committee;
- Committee Member of the Law Society International Relations Committee.
- Immediate Past President of the Catholic Lawyers’ Guild;
- Vice-Chairperson of the Management Committee of the Canossaville Children's and Community Services;
- Vice-President of the Disabled People's Association of Singapore;
- Board Member of Charities Council of Singapore;
- Board Member of Caritas Singapore;
- Board Member of Canossian Mission;
- Member of the Management Committee of Canossian Schools;
- Member of the Legal Sub-Committee of the CHIJ Board of Management.