Peggy Sarah Yee May Kuen
LLB (Hons) National University of Singapore, 1987
Advocate & Solicitor, Supreme Court of Singapore, 1988
Commissioner for Oaths
Ms Peggy Sarah Yee May Kuen graduated from the National University of Singapore in 1987 and was admitted to the Bar in March 1988. She has remained in and continues to be in active legal practice. In 2020, she marked her 32nd year in legal practice.
Peggy is actively involved in various aspects of legal practice, acting for both multi-national, local and individual clients alike. She handles a broad spectrum of legal matters, in particular in the areas of Family and Civil Litigation, Real Estate Conveyancing, Probate and Estate and Corporate matters.
Peggy is particularly interested and invested in Family Law matters. She considers it a privilege to be entrusted with a client's personal family matters. As such, she handles every such matter sensitively. She consistently strategises for her clients so that they can best navigate the legal and emotional humps facing them. The goal is to achieve a solution that best addresses the client's needs and intent. She also believes that an acceptable settlement is preferable to an unsatisfactory judgment.
In respect of Real Estate and Conveyancing matters, Peggy has handled all transactions relating to land, such as sales and purchases and mortgages. She has acted for housing developers in projects and is well-versed in the procedures and legal aspects relating to land development, conversion and sub-division and or amalgamation of title, and the sale of commercial and housing development units. She has acted and continues to act for financial and banking institutions and developers, mortgagees and mortgagors, in mortgagee sales and development projects and all other related transactions.
Having in-depth knowledge of Real Estate and Probate laws, she has advised her clients on how they can best manage their real and personal assets for their family and beneficiaries. Peggy’s in depth knowledge and experience in Real Estate and Conveyancing also enables her to advise well on Matrimonial / Divorce related property transactions.
At PY Legal LLC, the practice provides a complete range of legal services including litigation, corporate services, property development, conveyancing, intellectual property, probate and administration, criminal defence, and a variety of other commercial corporate and litigation services. PY Legal LLC’s client base includes corporate institutions and individuals, many of whom have remained with Peggy since she commenced practice.
- a Notary Public and Commissioner for Oaths;
- a member of the Inquiry Panel of the Law Society, appointed by the Honourable Chief Justice;
- an accredited Mediator of the Singapore Mediation Centre;
- an accredited Family Mediator of the Family Justice Courts of Singapore;
- a Child Representative appointed by the Family Justice Courts of Singapore;
- facilitator / tutor in Real Estate Practice in the Part B Prepatory Course leading up to the Bar Examinations, conducted by the Singapore Institute of Legal Education;
- President of the Catholic Lawyers’ Guild;
- Vice Chairperson of the Management Committee of the Canossaville Children's and Community Services;
- Vice President of the Disabled People's Association of Singapore;
- Board Member of Caritas Singapore;
- Board Member of Canossian Mission;
- Board Member, Charities Council of Singapore;
- a member of the Management Committee of Canossian Schools;
- a member of the Legal Sub-Committee of the CHIJ Board of Management;
- a member of the Singapore Academy of Law.
She is fluent in both spoken and written English and Chinese. She also speaks Bahasa Indonesia and Malay and the local dialects Cantonese, Teochew and Hokkien.
Peggy is unabashedly Catholic and married. She is mum of three kids – two young adults and teen. She is a firm advocate and passionate proponent for an inclusive society, in particular that of invisible special needs. She laments that she no longer has the time to read all the books that she wants to, and can no longer run like she used to, so she consoles herself by discovering delectable cuisine and cooking instead.