Peggy Sarah Yee May Kuen
LLB (Hons) National University of Singapore, 1987
Advocate & Solicitor, Supreme Court of Singapore, 1988
Commissioner for Oaths
Ms Peggy Sarah Yee May Kuen obtained her Bachelor of Laws (Hons) degree from the National University of Singapore in 1987 and was admitted to the Bar in March 1988.
She completed her pupillage at the firm M/s Tang & Tan, where she remained, in active legal practice, from March 1988 until 1 June 2009 when PY Legal LLC was incorporated.
This year marks her 30th year in active legal practice.
Having been in legal practice since 1988, Peggy has been actively involved in various aspects of legal practice, acting for both multi-national, local and individual clients alike.
Peggy handles a broad spectrum of legal matters, in particular in the areas of Family and Civil Litigation, Conveyancing, Estate and Corporate matters.
Peggy is particularly interested and invested in Family Law matters. She considers it a privilege to be entrusted with a client's personal family matters. As such, she handles every such matter sensitively. She consistently strategises for her clients so that they can best navigate the legal and emotional humps facing them. The goal is to achieve a solution that best addresses the client's needs and intent. She also believes that a good settlement far beats a bad judgment.
In respect of Conveyancing matters, Peggy has handled all transactions relating to land, including sales, purchases and mortgages. She has acted for housing developers in projects and is well-versed in the procedures and legal aspects relating to land development, conversion and subdivision of title, and the sale of commercial and housing development units. She has acted and continues to act for financial and banking institutions and developers, mortgagees and mortgagors, in mortgagee sales and development projects and all other related transactions.
At PY Legal LLC, the practice provides a complete range of legal services including litigation, corporate services, property development, conveyancing, intellectual property, probate and administration, immigration, criminal defence, and a variety of other commercial corporate and litigation services. PY Legal LLC’s client base includes corporate institutions and individuals, many of whom have supported and remained with Peggy since she commenced practice.
Peggy is also:
- a member of the Inquiry Panel of the Law Society, having been so appointed by the Honourable Chief Justice;
- an accredited Mediator of the Singapore Mediation Centre;
- an accredited Family Mediator of the Family Justice Court;
- a Child Representative appointed by the Family Justice Courts of Singapore;
- a facilitator / tutor in Real Estate Practice in the Part B Prepatory Course leading up to the Bar Examinations, conducted by the Singapore Institute of Legal Education;
- the President of the Catholic Lawyers’ Guild;
- Vice Chairperson of the Management Committee of the Canossaville Children's and Community Services;
- a member of the Management Committee of Canossian Schools;
- a member of the Legal Sub-Committee of the CHIJ Board of Management;
- Vice President of the Disabled People's Association of Singapore;
- a member of the Singapore Academy of Law;
- a member of the Law Society of Singapore
- a Commissioner for Oaths; and
- a Notary Public.
She is fluent in both spoken and written English and Chinese. She also speaks Bahasa Indonesia and Malay. She also speaks the local dialects Cantonese, Teochew and Hokkien.
Peggy is married and a proud (occasionally weary) mum of three kids – two teenagers and a pre-teen. She is a firm advocate and proponent for an inclusive society, in particular that of invisible special needs. She laments that she no longer has the time to read all the books that she wants to, so she runs instead.